911 E. Urbandale Drive, Moberly, MO 65270 | 660-263-3900

Financial Aid

Here are the answers to the questions you always wanted to ask:

The world of Financial Aid and Federal Student Aid can be overwhelming. Let us break this down for you and help make the process easier.

What is Financial Aid?

The Financial Aid Office assists students and their families with college expenses by helping them identify and qualify for the financial resources needed to achieve their goal of becoming servant leaders for the church. A student’s financial aid package may include:

  • Institutional aid
    • Merit Scholarships
    • Need-Based Grants
  • Federal aid
    • Pell Grant
    • Federal Direct Loans
    • Work Study
    • FSEOG Grant
  • State aid
    • Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab)
  • Veteran’s aid
    • Chapter 33 (Post-911 benefits)
    • Chapter 35 (Dependent benefits)
  • Private aid sources
    • Churches
    • Private foundations
    • Civic organizations
    • School district scholarships
What is the difference between Federal Student Aid and Federal Direct Loans?

Federal Student Aid is financial aid from the federal government to help pay for your education expenses at an eligible college. Grants, loans, and work study are types of Federal Student Aid. You must complete the FAFSA to apply for this aid.

Federal Direct Loans are loans funded by the federal government to help pay for your education. A federal student loan is borrowed money you must repay with interest. View the Federal Student Loans document for more information.

What are the benefits of Federal Student Aid?

Whether it’s grants or loans, every student is eligible for some type of Federal Student Aid if they have completed the FAFSA. This allows students to help pay for their college expenses at Central. Because we are so affordable, Federal Student Aid may allow a student to graduate with minimal debt, if they so choose. A student who works, saves, and plans can achieve financial success while in college.

What are the benefits of a Federal Direct Loan?

Federal Direct Loans will help you pay your college bill. You are not required to pay your student loans while you are in school, but you my choose to.

Federal Direct Loans may not cover your entire school bill if you are a residential student. A combination of scholarships, grants, payment plan, and loans may be used to help pay your college bill. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
  • Apply to Central!
  • Start applying for scholarships right away! Visit our Scholarship Page and find out which scholarships fit you!
  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) soon after October 1 of the year you plan to attend. This form determines your eligibility for federal and state aid, including loans and need-based institutional aid. Be sure to list Central Christian College of the Bible (code 014619) on the FAFSA when prompted.
  • Central’s Financial Aid Office communicates via email. You will receive all documents in your email unless you request otherwise.
1. Download and read the Financial Aid Handbook

The Financial Aid Handbook is the source of information you need in order to meet deadlines, identify potential sources of aid, and the financial aid policies of the college. It is the starting place. You may print it out or save a copy on your hard drive if you prefer. Refer to the Handbook whenever you have a question.   A copy of the Financial Aid Handbook is available upon request. 


2. Apply for a FSA ID and password

In order to fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid), you must apply for an FSA ID. This allows you to sign your FAFSA electronically as well as go to other government websites to retrieve your personal information. For the dependent student, the student and one parent must have an FSA ID and password. Please keep your FSA ID and password with your other important papers, as you will use it throughout your college career.

Create an FSA ID and password

How to create an FSA ID and password

3. Fill out the FAFSA

If you want to apply for any type of federal aid you must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid more commonly known as the FAFSA . TheFAFSA is a tool used by the Department of Education and the Financial Aid Office to determine the kind of aid for which you qualify. This aid could include Pell, FSEOG Grants, and Federal Student Loans.

In order to identify the college where you want yourFAFSA information to be sent, you will need to provide a school code on your FAFSA.

Central’s School Code is 014619

TIP: Once you get to the website, print out theFAFSA worksheet. This worksheet will make filling out the FAFSA much easier because it takes you through the questions and instructs you on the type of documents you need to have ready to fill out theFAFSA.

Start your FAFSA

How to fill out the FAFSA

4. Verification

Central’s Financial Aid Office communicates via email. You will receive all documents in your email unless you request otherwise.

From time to time, the financial aid office may request that you send additional information to the college. This may be because your FAFSA has been selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, or it may be miscellaneous information is needed to determine financial aid eligiblity. If selected, you may need to send the following items:

  1. IRS Tax Transcript*
  1. W-2 forms for student (and spouse or parent, whichever is applicable.)
  2. Dependent/Independent Verification Worksheet sent by the Financial Aid Office to your email address

Please make sure all documents are signed and all requested documents have been submitted. To obtain a copy of your tax transcript, please go to www.irs.gov; click on the “Get Transcript for my Tax Records” link, or call 1-800-908-9946 or use the IRS form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T to obtain a tax return transcript.

Please include the exact information provided for the income tax return, including the address when requesting a tax return transcript. The IRS will mail the tax transcript and parent’s tax transcript (if applicable) to the address requested for the information to be sent. More documents may be requested if the financial aid office deems it necessary to resolve any conflicting information.

If selected, verification must be completed before any Federal Student Aid is disbursed to a student. A student has until 120 days after the last day of the student’s enrollment, whichever is earlier, to submit the verification documents. Students are encouraged to complete the verification process so they may receive the financial help Federal Student Aid gives a student to help pay for college. If there is a problem with obtaining the required documents, please contact the financial aid office so we can assist in this process. As noted above, documents may be submitted even after a semester is over, although it is not encouraged to wait that long. However, if a student chooses not to finish the verification process, no Federal aid may be disbursed until this requirement is completed.  Other factors in disbursing Federal student aid may apply.  Please contact the financial aid office for more information.

5. Award Letter

Central’s Financial Aid Office communicates via email. You will receive all documents in your email unless you request otherwise.

Once the Financial Aid Office has received all of your information and has determined what type and how much financial aid you qualify for, you will receive an Award Letter. The Award Letter will list for you all the aid you for which you are eligible and how much you may receive.  Included with the Award Letter are additional pieces of information including, how to apply for a Federal Direct Loan, a copy of Central’s Fee Schedule, and how to apply for Central’s Payment Plan.  The letter will be emailed to the email address listed on your FAFSA unless you instruct the Financial Aid Office to do otherwise.

You may also view this information on the student portal system. Once a student has been accepted, the Admissions Department will send the student their user ID and Password. If you haven’t received your portal information you may call them at 888-263-3900 ext. 144 and request this information.

If you want to apply for a student or parent (PLUS) loan, please continue to step 6. If not, skip ahead to step 9.

6. Student Loans

Students will receive their federal loan funds directly from the Federal Government through the William D. Ford Student Loan Program. Please consult your financial aid award letter and the chart below to determine loan eligibility. For more information, please take time to view the Department of Education’s publication Federal Student Loans.

Complete the following steps to utilize the Federal student loan program (if applicable):

  1. Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) at studentloans.gov
  2. Complete the Student Loan Data Sheet
    Print Out and Return to:Financial Aid Office
    911 East Urbandale Drive
    Moberly, MO 65270
  3. Complete the Federally-mandated entrance counseling.

Students and Parents who chose to participate in the Direct Federal Student Loan Programs are advised their loan information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system.  For more information, please contact the financial aid office. Loan information is also accessible at nslds.ed.gov 

Direct Loan Maximums

Please remember that loan requests will generally be divided into two (2) equal parts for distribution. Half of the loan will be distributed during the fall semester and the other half during the spring semester. Please note, online students must currently be degree-seeking and participating or enrolled in at least 6 hours of classes in order to received Federal student loans. In other words if you are in two different sections of classes that have different start dates within one semester, there is no loan eligibility until enrolled in at least 6 hours of credit and met the attendance qualifications.

Dependent Direct Student Loan Maximum Amounts

Academic Year Subsidized Loan Unsubsidized Loan Total
Freshman $3,500 $2,000 $5,500
Sophomore $4,500 $2,000 $6,500
Junior $5,500 $2,000 $7,500
Senior $5,500 $2,000 $7,500

Independent Direct Student Loan Maximum Amounts

Academic Year Subsidized Loan Unsubsidized Loan Total
Freshman $3,500 $6,000 $9,500
Sophomore $4,500 $6,000 $10,500
Junior $5,500 $7,000 $12,500
Senior $5,500 $7,000 $12,500

All loans will be certified by the financial aid office. The financial aid office will determine each student’s loan eligibility. For more information, please consult the Financial Aid Handbook or email questions to aid@cccb.edu.

Once student loans are certified, a student’s portal information will reflect the expected disbursement dates of student loans. Additionally, once a student’s loan monies have been received by the college from the Department of Education, the portal information will be changed from aid PENDING to aid APPROVED. Students who opt out of electronic notification will receive confirmation of the disbursements in their student mail boxes within 3 business days of when the monies were placed on the student’s account.

Private or Alternative Student Loans

The affordability of attending Central Christian College makes the need for private student loans rare. However, if a student determines they need to apply for such a loan, Central’s financial aid office will certify the loan for the student up to the cost of attendance. Students will need to complete a Self-Certification form acknowledging that this loan is NOT a federal loan.

The benefits of applying for student loans from the Direct Loan Program far outweigh the benefits of a private loan. Students are encouraged to utilize Federal student aid and always apply for the Direct Loan Program first before considering a private student loan.

7. PLUS Loans

Beginning July 1, 2010, all Parent PLUS loans will be directly from the Federal Government through theWilliam D. Ford Student Loan Program. Please consult your student’s Award Letter to determine how much of a loan you would like to take.

As a parent, you may make up the difference your student will need to pay his/her college bill.

Please follow these steps to apply for a Parent PLUS loan on-line.

  1. You must complete an application for credit .  You may do that at studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action  Under MANAGE MY DIRECT LOAN heading, sign in or to complete the PLUS request process.  This process will access your financial history to determine if you qualify for a Parent PLUS loan.
  2. You will need your parent FSA ID and password that you used to complete the FAFSA.
  3. If for any reason your credit is not approved, your student may qualify for an additional $4,000 – $5,000 for the academic year.
  4. Once your credit is approved please fill out a master promissory note (MPN) at studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
  5. Once the MPN is complete, the last step is to fill a Parent PLUS Loan Data Sheet in order to request your loan amount. The Financial Aid Office will be happy to help you to determine the loan amount you may need to help your student pay his or her college bill. You may also refer to our Financial Aid Handbook, Semester Fee Schedule, and other resources to determine what the cost will be for your student.
8. Entrance Counseling

You are fulfilling one of the requirements needed to complete your Stafford Direct Loan application to borrow money in order to help pay for your educational expenses while attending CCCB.  In order to do this, the Department of Education requires that you go through  Entrance LoanCounseling  to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities as a borrower of a Federal Student Loan.  Every student at Central, who is applying for a loan for the first time, must go through Entrance Counseling.

Central’s Financial Aid Department will monitor your debt load while you are a student at Central.  We will try to help you make wise decisions and in keeping with Department of Education regulations.  If you at any time have any questions concerning your loan, the Financial Aid Office would be happy to discuss the matter with you.

The average student who graduates from Central Christian College of the Bible, who also has student loan debt, graduates with $22,253 worth of debt.  On a standard 10 year repayment plan, at the current 6.8% annual interest rate, the estimated minimum payment would be $211 a month.

Here are some examples of repayment amounts based on Central’s 2017 graduates’ average debt of $22,253.  There are more repayment plans than those listed below.  This is just a sampling of the payments amounts.  Please contact the Financial Aid Office for a complete listing or contact your lender/loan servicer to discuss your options with them.

Plan Payment Total Loan Amount Total Interest Paid
Standard –
10- Years
$256 $30,731 $8,478
10-year Graduated $148 – $443
Payment increases every 2 years
$33,068 $10,815

As you go through the Entrance Counseling, please make note of any questions you might have and I will be happy to answer them for you.  You may contact me at (660) 372-2503 or aid@cccb.edu  or you may always stop by my office in Pelfrey Hall, in the Academic Services Office, to discuss your concerns.

Please note that at Central Christian College, if you do not maintain at least 1/2 time enrollment of 6 hours, you will no longer qualify for student loans.  Additionally, if you fall below 1/2 time, you will begin your grace period and the Financial Aid Office will report your enrollment status to NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System) on a rolling basis.  You will then be contacted by your lender/loan servicer regarding repayment information.

If you, as a Stafford Direct Loan borrower, graduate or withdraw from Central, you must go through anExit Counseling process as mandated by the Department of Education.  Please contact the Financial Aid Office to schedule this session.  Regular Exit Counseling sessions will be scheduled at the end of each semester to allow students who will not be returning to fulfill this requirement.  Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

To begin the withdrawal process from school at anytime during a semester, you must first speak with someone in Student Development.  That office is located on 2nd floor of Pelfrey Hall in the Student Development Suite.  They will then help you schedule the appointments you must make, including the Academic Services Office, the Financial Aid Office, and the Business Office,  to complete the withdrawal process.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this Entrance Counseling. And remember, the Financial Aid Office is here to help you.  Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this process.

Veronica Hamblin
Financial Aid Director
Central Christian College of the Bible
(660) 372-2542

You may now continue to Studentloans.gov  to do your Direct Loan Stafford Entrance Counseling.  Please sign in using the same FSA User ID and Password you used for your FAFSA and follow the links.  Please choose the Subsided and Unsubsidized Entrance Counseling.

9. Certification of Awards

If you will be receiving outside scholarships from organizations such as churches, civic clubs, school scholarships, etc., and you want them to be considered as pending aid at the time of registration to lower your personal payment, you must have documentation from the organization stating its intentions to provide the scholarship.

Central requires the organization to send a written statement to the Financial Aid Office verifying the amount of the award and when the monies from the scholarship will be sent to the school. If you prefer, the organization may fill out Central’s “Certification of Awards” form located below. Please return the form to the Financial Aid Office by the due dates listed on the form.

Certification of Awards Form

  • Central’s Financial Aid Office communicates via email. You will receive all documents in your email unless you request otherwise.
  • Review your Award Letter. You will receive this letter via email soon after your application is processed by the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office determines this package by reviewing your FAFSA.
  • Submit all items requested in your Award Letter to the Financial Aid Office. This is also a good time to determine if you want to apply Loans.
  • Once you have access to the student portal you can select the Student Financials tab and review your financial aid status.
  • Continue your enrollment process at Central by following the What’s Next section of the website and reviewing your payment plan options.

Congratulations! You have completed all the steps of the financial aid process. If at any time you have questions please contact the financial aid office at 888-263- 3900 ext 139 or 170. You may also email the financial aid office at financialaidinfo@cccb.edu.