Applying for admission to Central is the next step in discovering how you can impact this world for Christ. If you have already filled out an application, you can find your next steps below. We have a "smart" application which means the application will be built as you fill it out based on you. Applications should take no more than 10-15 minutes if you have electronic copies of supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, resumes, etc.).
Once your application file is complete and all necessary documents have been submitted, you can usually expect to know the admissions decision within a week.
Select the most relevant checklist below to get started. It is recommended that your steps be completed by December 1 for spring semester students and June 30 for fall semester students for the best chance at placement in desired classes and housing situations.
Application Checklist for Graduate Students
Transcripts from All Colleges and Universities Attended
- A minimum 2.5 undergraduate grade point average is required for admission
- Preference is given to those with exposure to Christian higher education
- Up to 18 hours of graduate-level courses may be accepted after a transcript evaluation by CCCB, with a minimum 2.5-grade point average
International Students must also submit the following:
- Copy of passport.
- Educational Records: Transcripts from high school and colleges attended outside the United States may need to be submitted through an evaluation service. CCCB does not recommend any particular service but will accept evaluations from any service recognized by NACES.
- TOEFL Results: The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam is for non-English speaking countries only. A minimum paper test score of 500, a minimum computer score of 173, or a minimum internet score of 61 are required for admission consideration. Central also accepts a score of 5 or higher on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Complete the personal funding statement form.
Writing Sample of Work
- The writing sample may be waived if the cumulative grade point average is above 3.0, if the bachelor’s degree is from an accredited Bible College, or if the candidate has extensive work experience in ministry.
Resume of Professional Work Experience
- In addition to your work and education history, your resume should include a special section for ministry experience. Complete resumes may be attached to the application while filling it out or sent to the Admissions Department by email at email@example.com.
- When all application items are completed and submitted, prospective students must complete a program interview with the Graduate Studies department. Once completed, an admissions decision will be made and communicated.
Seats in graduate-level courses are limited; preference will be given to the earliest qualified admitted students.