God’s Word At The Heart Of Our Education
In terms of credit hour requirements, a Central student will spend more time in Biblical Studies courses than any other subject. As one supporter put it, “Central is the college with ‘the Bible’ in it!” We are committed to this emphasis on Scripture. Since the Bible is the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice of the church, it is the basic text of study at Central. The message of the Bible must be clearly understood in order for the church to govern itself properly, to develop a proper theology, and to establish a biblical, ethical system. The principles for shaping and guiding the lives of others in every aspect of life are drawn from this same unchangeable word of God. Biblical courses equip students with tools and training for accurately handling the Bible, with studies in Old Testament, New Testament, and Theology.
Students also learn to use the Bible by studying other areas. Professional Studies courses explain how the Bible can benefit one’s own walk with Christ, bring others to a relationship with Christ, and bless the body of Christ. Service and leadership courses are an important part of each ministry program, bringing biblical truths into a ministry context.
We live and minister in a complex world, filled with people who do not recognize the truths of God’s word. General Studies courses help students better understand today’s culture and how to communicate with people. This informs how the church ministers in the world and how Scripture can apply to the world.
Explore the pages above to learn more about the programs we offer to prepare students in Bible and Ministry. All two-year and four-year degrees include significant study in the areas mentioned above. Each program is designed to prepare students for multiple career possibilities, some of which are described.
Core Learning Outcomes
- Students will integrate their ability to think critically, respond to their audience, and produce well-organized, research-based, and cohesive oral and written communication.
- Students will develop an understanding of their own and others’ cultural contexts and will engage ethically and respectfully with these cultures.
- Students will think logically and analytically to solve real world problems.
- Students will apply discipline-specific knowledge to explain the key factors that shape individuals, families, social institutions, and processes that shape human behavior and interactions.
- Students will know the general content of the Bible, affirm its authority and veracity, and apply biblical teaching for Christian faith and practice.
- Students will grow in Christ’s likeness, by practicing spiritual disciplines and nurturing spiritual maturity in themselves and others.
- Students will articulate God’s mission, the church’s role within it, and the vocation of all believers in service to God’s kingdom.
Church Ministry Programs
We have Bible and ministry programs that range from one to four years. You can transfer your associate degree to earn a bachelor’s degree in just two more years. Our ministry degrees will help you prepare to work at a church or nonproft organization. Every student who earns a ministry degree completes an internship with an experienced leader at a successful location.
Market Place Ministry Programs
We have agreements with regionally-accredited institutions that allow you as a Central student to take advantage of dual-enrollment. You can serve in the church with a full-time career or pursue a specialized ministry career. Many of these programs are offered in cooperation with Indiana Wesleyan University and Moberly Area Community College.
- Business (Associate of Arts)
- Business Administration
- Personal Financial Planning
- Human Resources Management
- Business Office Administration
- Healthcare Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Digital Advertising, Promotions & Branding
- Marketing Analytics
- Service and Non-Profit Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Early Learning Assistant
- Computer Information Technology
- Business Information Systems
- Addictions Counseling
- Criminal Justice
- International Relations & Security
- Cyber Security
- Global Security
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Virtual Accelerated ADN
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
- Surgical Technologist (ST)
- Health Science (General)
- Health Science (Pre-ADN)
- Health Science (Pre-Accelerated ADN)
- Health Science (Pre-Behavioral Health Support)
- Health Science (Pre-MLT)
- Health Science (Pre-OTA)
- Health Science (Pre-Surgical Technology)
- Health Science (Pre-Veterinary Technology)
- Creative Digital Media
- Integrative Studies
- Fine Arts
- Social/Behavioral Science
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Agriculture Technology
- Human Services
Central’s Certificate Programs provide specific and relevant preparation for ministry in church and para-church organizations. To learn more, visit our catalog of certificates or select a certificate program below:
EXPLORE OUR OTHER ACADEMIC OPTIONS BELOW: