General Description: This position is responsible for assisting with all phases of an NCCAA Division II men’s basketball program while upholding the values and mission of the Midwest Christian College Conference and Central Christian College of the Bible.
Main Responsibilities: Recruiting, scouting of opponents, video analysis, assisting with game and practice preparation, player development, on-the-court coaching, and other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Exhibit and articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Exhibit and articulate evidence of current, practical knowledge of the sport.
• Support and uphold the philosophy of both Central Christian College of the Bible and the CCCB Athletic Department.
• Knowledge of and ability to follow College policies and procedures.
• Continually strive for personal growth physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a
professional, helpful manner.
• Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve problems
using independent judgment and decision making processes.
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public.
Physical Requirements: Be responsible for knowing and following appropriate policies and guidelines for NCCAA and CCCB Athletic Department in all areas, including, but not limited to:
• Assist with coaching responsibilities at each contest.
• Assist with scheduling and regulation of all team practices and tryouts.
• Assist with selection of team members and support personnel (team managers and statisticians).
• Assist with monitoring of student athletes’ injuries and rehabilitation.
• Assist with maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, uniforms, and facilities.
1. Preference will be given to those who are members of the Church of Christ or Christian Church.
2. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
3. College level playing and/or coaching experience preferred.