The apostles walked and talked with Jesus during the three years of his ministry here on earth, watching, training, listening, practicing. They had the ultimate mentor. With our internship program, we give you the next best thing.
During your Junior/Senior year we’ll plunge you right into the middle of your area of interest to become a modern disciple of a godly leader. Apply all that you have learned in your major to real life, and gain the invaluable experience that only guided trial and error can teach you. This unique opportunity will give you an edge of practical experience, confidence, and wisdom as you step out into your field after graduation.
Supervised Ministry Experience (SME, formerly FEE) Defined
- The SME will be fieldwork under the supervision of a skilled professional in the area of the student’s major.
- Detailed tasks will be assigned by the school Faculty Advisor and Internship Supervisor with formal evaluation and grades.
- The student’s Faculty Adviser must approve the student’s Internship Site.
- The student’s progress in their SME is monitored and directed by the student’s Faculty Adviser.
- The SME is a prerequisite to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
- It can be summer long (30 hours per week for 10 weeks), semester-long (20 hours per week for 15 weeks), or year-long (10 hours per week for 30 weeks), or an alternative may be arranged with the Faculty Adviser.
- Complete SALT 300: Vocational Preparation taught in the Spring of the Sophomore year.
- Consider SME options (The Graduate Placement office keeps an active database of SME options)
- Fill out Field Site Data Sheet
- See the SME Manual for Field Supervisor qualifications.
- Get Faculty Advisor Approval
- Create a Learning Agreement with your SME Supervisor
- Finalize and submit to Faculty Advisor for approval
- Print and sign
- Deliver a signed copy to the Registrar and Dean of Professional Studies
- Register and Begin SME
- Intermediate Report (1/3 of SME)
- Submit Student Intermediate Report to Faculty Advisor
- Submit SME Supervisor Intermediate Report to Faculty Advisor
- Final Report
- Submit Student Final Report to Faculty Advisor
- Submit SME Supervisor Final Report to Faculty Advisor
- Schedule an exit interview with your Faculty Advisor
- Submit the weekly reflective journal and any other assignments apart of the SME Learning Agreement
- Form A – Field Site Data Sheet (Download)
- Form B – SAMPLE Learning Agreement (Download Template)
- Form C – Student Intermediate Report (Submit online)
- Form D – Field Supervisor Intermediate Report (Submit online)
- Form E – Student Final Report (Submit online)
- Form F – Field Supervisor Final Report (Submit online)
- Attendance and Service Tracking form
- Supervised Ministry Experience Manual (Formerly FEE)