911 E. Urbandale Drive, Moberly, MO 65270 | 660-263-3900

One of the ways many students choose to help fund their education is by working on campus. From the Bookstore to the Admissions Office, we offer a variety of on-campus jobs.

Student Job Opportunities

Here you will find available campus positions as well as off campus jobs that our students may be interested in.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a job at Central?

Our Business office handles on-campus jobs. The Business office is located in Pelfrey Hall, and is open from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is each department’s responsibility to conduct interviews and make job offers. A downloadable version of the application can be found above.

Note: If you plan to apply for an on-campus job, make sure you bring from home proof of eligibility to work in the United States in order to complete the required paperwork. All documents must be originals. Some common types of identification we see are:

  • A U.S. Passport, expired or unexpired (when providing a U.S. Passport is the only document required)
  • A driver’s license and a Social Security Card
  • A school ID and a Social Security Card
  • A driver’s license and a birth certificate
  • A school ID and a birth certificate
After being hired at Central what's the next step?

When you have been offered a job on campus you will return to the Business Office office to complete the following necessary hiring forms:

  • W-4 Federal Government form
  • I-9 employment verification form that satisfies federal immigration requirements. All hires are required to complete the form.

Be sure to bring proof of eligibility to work such as Social Security card, valid Driver’s License, passport, or visa documentation as listed above. International students (F-1 visa) must bring their I-20, passport, and Social Security card.

How many hours can I expect to work?

It is recommended that all undergraduate student limit their work to 20 hours per week on campus when classes are in session, and 40 hours per week when classes are not in session. However, this guideline is a federal requirement for non-immigrant students attending on F-1 visas.

What are my responsibilities as a student worker?

The department that has hired you will depend on you to perform specific duties. Notify your supervisor if you have a change of schedule, if you are sick, or if you are going to be late. When you are unable to work, it is important to let your supervisor know at the beginning of the work day. Just as in any job, you will be expected to be prompt, reliable, dependable, and willing to perform the work required. Should you decide to terminate your position, it will be important to give your supervisor a reasonable notice of termination.

Who is responsible for safety?

Consult your supervisor regarding safety expectations, as discipline for unsafe acts varies by department. Student workers are expected to refrain from horseplay and dangerous behavior on the job, and to consider their safety and the safety of others at all times.

Is there a dress code?

The College expects employees to be well-groomed and dressed in a manner appropriate for their work. In general your appearance should be modest, in good taste, safe and suitable for the work to be done. You’ll find that the appropriate dress will vary by department. There may also be protective equipment such as safety goggles that will be required in some jobs. In other positions appropriate office attire could be important. It is helpful to check with your supervisor to learn exactly what is expected.

A good rule to follow is to wear clothing that generally matches that of non-student employees doing similar jobs in the department. This is especially important in positions that “meet the public.”