The Master of Arts in Preaching (MAP) is designed to further develop biblical communicators beyond the four year college experience, as well as to transform their spiritual lives as they discover the message in God’s Word, delivering that message artfully to the local church, parachurch ministry, mission field, or any ministry context. This degree is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education.
- Cost: $5,310 per year
- Credits: 36
- Format: Full-time
- Time to Completion: 2 years
- Preach sermons that are as inspirational as they are informational
- Learn multiple sermon patterns for variety preaching
- Develop skills in storytelling
- Plan sermon series and sermon calendars
- Attain proficiency in technology to enhance the preaching experience
- Increase proficiency in studying Old and New Testament texts with a view to preaching
- Amplify leadership capital through more effective biblical communication
- On Campus: 5 day intensive courses on CCCB’s campuses (St. Louis, MO or Florence, KY) allow
- you to work collaboratively with your peers and network within your constituency
- Online: 12-week online courses led by experienced professors
- On-Site: Coaching and mentoring to assist you in making improvements at your place of ministry
- 36 Credit hours = 2 years (four semesters) at 9 credits per term
- Select master’s level courses may be transferred into the MAP program
For more information, download the Master of Arts in Preaching program sheet.
- Sermon Exposition & Planning
- History of Christian Preaching
- Preaching the Old Testament
- Preaching the New Testament
- Preaching Artfully
- Preaching in a Complex Culture
- Preaching & Story
- Preaching the Resurrection of Jesus
- Preaching in a Congregational Context
- Supervised Ministry Experience
- Preaching Minister in a congregation
- Evangelist in a mission context
- Parachurch Leader
- Associate Ministers: Executive Minister, Youth Minister, Children’s Minister
- Biblical Communicator, Public Speaker, Conference Speaker
- Preaching Elders and Volunteer Church Leaders
Admission Requirements & Application Checklist:
Complete the online graduate admission application found here: Apply Online.
Transcripts from All Colleges and Universities Attended
- A minimum 2.5 undergraduate grade point average is required for admission
- Preference is given to those with exposure to Christian higher education
- Up to 18 hours of graduate-level courses may be accepted after a transcript evaluation by CCCB, with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- International applicants must have transcripts from non-US colleges & universities evaluated by a third party service, such as World Education Services, or similar, as well as the following:
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- A minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 61, an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of a 5.0, or a Pearson PTE Academic score of 50 is required.
- Personal funding statement demonstrating financial ability to attend Central, including sponsorship information (if applicable)
- Evidence of English Proficiency
Writing Sample of Work
- The writing sample may be waived if cumulative grade point average is above a 3.0, if the bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible College, or if the candidate has extensive work experience in ministry.
Resume of Professional Work Experience
Interview with Dean of Graduate Studies
Seats in graduate-level courses are limited; preference will be given to the earliest qualified admitted students.
If you are interested in a video chat or phone conversation please complete the form and we will be in touch.