The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership (MAML) at Central Christian College of the Bible trains and prepares graduate students to develop in their personal leadership skills and pastoral framework. Students complete 36 credit hours over two years at nine hours per term. The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education and is designed for recent college graduates, current ministers, and adults with a bachelor's degree considering a career change.
- Cost: $5,310 per year
- Credits: 36
- Format: Full-time
- Time to Completion: 2 years
As a student in this program, you will develop your personal leadership skills, be equipped to lead congregations toward health, and be capable of forming personal and pastoral development plans for your teams.
The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education and is designed for:
- Recent college graduates who desire additional training and skills prior to entering into full-time ministry
- Ministers who are currently serving in congregations and desire further leadership training to enhance their ministry careers and advance the church’s mission
- Adults with a bachelor’s degree who are considering a mid-life career change in response to God’s calling to ministry, but cannot repeat a four-year bachelor’s degree
The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership is a two-year, 36-credit hour, hybrid graduate program offered in three modalities: On Campus, Online, and Coaching.
Online: Semester long online graduate courses offered by CCCB.
On-Campus: A week-long intensive course on CCCB’s campus in Moberly, MO or in Florence, KY allows for you to work collaboratively with your peers and network within your constituency, with an embedded 1-day seminar by a ministry specialist.
Coaching: Coaching and mentoring at your place of ministry by a qualified and resourced experienced practitioner.
- Biblical Profiles in Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Technology for Ministry
- Dynamics of Healthy Congregations
- Disciple Making Leader
- Professional & Team Development
- Change and Conflict Management
- A 3 hour graduate Supervised Ministry Experience course each semester.
- Leader in a church, community, or social service agency
- Executive, Manager, or Director in nonprofit and for-profit organizations
- Leader of a parachurch organization or missions agency
- Missionary serving in country
Admission Requirements & Application Checklist:
Transcripts from All Colleges and Universities Attended
- A minimum 2.5 undergraduate grade point average is required for admission
- Preference is given to those with exposure to Christian higher education
- Up to 18 hours of graduate-level courses may be accepted after a transcript evaluation by CCCB, with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- International applicants must have transcripts from non-US colleges & universities evaluated by a third party service, such as World Education Services, or similar, as well as the following:
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- A minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 61, an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of a 5.0, or a Pearson PTE Academic score of 50 is required.
- Personal funding statement demonstrating financial ability to attend Central, including sponsorship information (if applicable)
- Evidence of English Proficiency
Writing Sample of Work
- The writing sample may be waived if cumulative grade point average is above a 3.0, if the bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible College, or if the candidate has extensive work experience in ministry.
Resume of Professional Work Experience
Interview with Dean of Graduate Studies
Seats in graduate-level courses are limited; preference will be given to the earliest qualified admitted students.