Head Men's Soccer Coach
This position is responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of an NCCAA Division II men’s soccer program whileupholding the values and mission of the Midwest Christian College Conference and Central Christian College of the Bible.
Main Responsibilities: Recruiting, scouting of opponents, video analysis, game and practice preparation, player development, on-the-field coaching, travel planning, and budget management.
General Administrative Duties: Administrative duties related to the overall functions of the program are including, but not limited to:
● Plans, directs, and coaches intercollegiate men’s and women’s soccer programs that develop student-athletes’ fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run; ensures NCCAA rules and regulation compliance; recruits student-athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success; and assists student-athletes in realizing individual and team goals.
● Develop a recruitment strategy and consistently recruit potential student-athletes who understand the mission of CCCB and desire to play sport within these boundaries
● Provides ongoing oversight of student athlete conduct both on and off the field; assists with conflict resolution; provides guidance with negotiating campus processes such as registration, financial aid, residence life; assists with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty; enforces safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students involved in the program.
● Supervision of assistant coaches and support personnel (managers/statisticians).
● Works with Director of Athletics to schedule events and travel; develops an event management plan for each home game; provides information for press releases, season previews, hometown news articles, women’s volleyball program website, and feature stories to various media in compliance with the College’s and the NCCAA’s policies and procedures; attends assigned college, department, and division meetings as required.
● Skill preparing, monitoring and maintaining budgets.
● Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the College.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
● Exhibit and articulate evidence of current, practical knowledge of the sport.
● Exhibit and articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Support and uphold the philosophy of both Central Christian College of the Bible and the CCCB Athletic Department.
● Knowledge of and ability to follow College policies and procedures.
● Goal-oriented and data driven perspective on the recruitment and retention of student athletes, which requires strong written and verbal communication skills, relationship-development skills, and the ability to meet roster goals and enrollment targets.
● Continually strive for personal growth physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially.
● Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
● Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
● Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
● Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve problems using independent judgment and decision making processes.
● Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public.
Be responsible for knowing and following appropriate policies and guidelines for NCCAA and CCCB Athletic Department in all areas, including, but not limited to:
● Assuming coaching responsibilities at each contest.
● Scheduling and regulation of all team practices and tryouts.
● Selection of team members and support personnel (team managers and statisticians).
● Monitoring of student athletes’ injuries and rehabilitation.
● Maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, uniforms, and facilities.
● Preference will be given to those who are members of the Church of Christ or Christian Church.
● Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
● College level playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
● Valid Class E Driver’s license may be required to transport students.
A review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants must send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references to Sherry Wallis, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
Central Christian College of the Bible
911 E. Urbandale Drive
Moberly, Missouri 65270