Losing Financial Aid

Generally, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above to qualify for federal and Central financial aid. This GPA will be checked on a semester basis. Any student whose cumulative GPA drops below 2.00 will be placed on Financial Aid Warning. Student's must then regain a 2.00 CGPA in the folloiwng semester keep federal and institution financial aid. For complete information on Financial Aid and Academic Satisfactory Academic Progress, please consult Central Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.   

A student will only be paid financial aid (Central and federal) for hours up to 150% of his/her degree program requirements (i.e., If a degree program requires 64 hours, the student can be paid for up to 96). All hours transferred into Central that pertain to the student's degree program will be counted towards this maximum as well. The standard for hours attempted is assessed on a semester basis.

Any student completing less than the required percentage of courses attempted will be placed on Financial Aid Warning for one semester and without remedy in that semester will be disqualified from all Federal and Institutional  Financial Aid until such time as the student attains the required percentage. If a student appeals his or her suspension from Federal and Institutional Financial Aid, and the appeal is granted, the student will be placed on Academic Probation and must follow their Academic Recovery Plan in order to keep their aid in place.  The required percentage is 50% for those having attempted fewer than 60 hours, 60% for those having attempted between 60 and 90 hours and 70% for those having attempted greater than 90 hours.

A class is considered attempted if the student was enrolled in it at the end of the first full week of classes. The completion rate is assessed on a semester basis.


Students may appeal financial aid decisions by submitting a written request to the Financial Aid Director within 10 days of the reduction or loss of financial aid. Students desiring to appeal a decision should see the Financial Aid Director for more information.