Central Christian College of the Bible was founded in 1957. The founding board of directors, meeting in February of 1957, was led by chairman O.S. Lincoln in unanimously declaring and affirming that "the purpose of the school is to recruit and train leadership for the church at large according to the New Testament teaching." Central remains exclusively committed to pursuing this purpose.
From 1957 to 1968 the college’s campus was located east of downtown Moberly on Ault Street. In 1968 the college moved to its present campus in southeastern Moberly.
Over these years, the college has grown in its facilities, its resources, and its family of alumni. Graduates of Central Christian College of the Bible are serving across the nation and around the world. Central’s impact has become not merely regional, but global. With the worldwide placement of Central’s graduates, alumni are serving the Lord’s kingdom in the "uttermost parts of the earth."